As most local Cincinnati movers do, we charge an hourly rate for our services. Contrary to what many thing, elevators make a move slower. If you think about it, an elevator is slow. You have to wait for the door to open, load everything on, wait for it to close, wait for it to get to the right door, wait for the doors to open again and then wait to take everything off. That is a lot of wasted time.
The best way to make an elevator move more affordable is to make it more efficient. You can do that with some simple planning and a few tips from us.
- Plan your move for a weekday. Typically there are less people in the elevators, hallways and parking lot to get in your movers way and slow things down.
- Contact the building manager and ask if there is a loading dock or elevator that is to be used by the movers.
- If the movers need to go through a secured entrance, make arrangements for us to have access.
- Reserve the elevator. Sharing an elevator with other services or residents will really slow down your move.
- Make sure you have the elevator key, this allows us to lock the doors open rather than needing someone to hold it open.
- Hire a 3 man crew. This makes things go faster because on can stay on the loading floor, one on the unloading floor and keep working while the third rides with the elevator and helps whoever needs it.
If you want help moving an apartment in Cincinnati, check us out!
Hire Cincinnati’s highest rated movers at https://www.4wehelp.com