You have probably been hearing a lot about what snow emergencies mean. Many of our moving customers have asked us what that means. Here is a brief explanation.
Level 1: The roads are hazardous with blowing and drifting snow, roads are icy and drivers are warned to be cautious. There is no parking on the street.
Level 2: Most roads are hazardous, only those who feel it is absolutely necessary should be driving Drivers are encouraged to call their employers to make sure that they need to report to work before going out. There is no parking on the street.
Level 3: This means all roadways are closed to non-emergency personnel. No one should be out during these conditions unless it is an emergency. Anyone caught traveling without a really good reason may subject be arrested. There is no parking on the street.
- We cannot work in a Level 2 or 3 Snow Emergency.
- There is no street parking allowed during any snow emergency. The moving truck is required by law to be parked completely off the street.
- Your driveway and walkways needs to be clear of snow and ice.
- There should be room for the moving truck to be parked and still allow space for snow plows to pass on the street
- If needed, there should be room for the moving truck to turn around without restriction or backing onto snow/ice.
Keep in mind, moving trucks get scuk much easier than you may believe and are not easy to pull out of the snow.