Our customers often ask us “How far in advance do I need to book a moving company?”
The truth is, as soon as you possibly can. Our schedule, and that of most movers, fills up based on a number of factors. Here are a few factors to consider when scheduling your move.
- The last week is always the busiest of the month.
- If the month ends on a Friday, Saturday or Sunday plan your move well in advance.
- The time of the year makes a big difference. Colder weather means less people moving.
- Weather also is a factor. Often moving companies get busier when the weather is really hot or cold.
- When do the local schools and colleges let out? Most movers see an increase in business the few weeks after schools let out for summer break and then again a few weeks before they go back in session.
- Some moving companies (not 4WeHelp Cincinnati Movers) charge different rates for different days or times of year.
- Waiting until the last minute to schedule your movers may mean the only moving help available is the one nobody else wanted.
- UHaul does not allow you to pick up your truck on your schedule. On busy days UHaul rentals are for 4-8 hours (NOT A FULL DAY). Their current business practice is to call you the night before and tell you when and where to pick your truck up. This can be anywhere is a 20 mile radius at anytime between 7am and 7pm. If you are renting a truck, choose a better company like Penske or Budget.